Thanks for visiting…
the 'River Ice" photo blog – please use the comment feature to let me know what you think of it. If you like it, please tell your friends about it!
If you have a river ice photo you'd like to share - please email me at theprof[at]fayehicks[dot]com
A proud member of the
Learn all about it!
My new book is done!
My first novel…
Just for laughs…
Respect the Artist…
Please remember to retain the photo credits and a refererral to this original link if you share these photos with you friends.
Please feel free to reblog, tweet and/or share these photos using the buttons provided.
The photos posted here cannot be used for commercial purposes without the express permission of the photographer.
- ThesisHub.org is posting my content without my permission - I wish they wouldn't! :-( ( thesishub.org/how-to-write-t…) @ 10 months ago
- FREE today - the eBook version of "Who Says You Can't Heard Cats?" amazon.com/Who-Says-Cant-… @ 2 years ago
- Just a bit of snow here on the east coast... http://t.co/MQemaVKG2M @ 3 years ago
- Time to dig out through the 5' snow drifts! http://t.co/i5DHvrY3lV @ 3 years ago
- Awesome ice jam release video from the NWS! facebook.com/video.php?v=51… @ 3 years ago
Hits to date:
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Aufeis on the Athabasca River, AB (Canada), April 1, 2003 Aufeis (ice on top of ice) forms when trickles of water freeze; each new trickle freezes on top of the previous ice and, over the winter, massive ice accumulations can form. Aufeis normally builds in horizontal layers but in … Continue reading
Freeze-up ice jam on the Bow River at Calgary, AB (Canada), Jan. 9, 2005 Julia Blackburn (an alumni of the UofA River Ice Group) took this beautiful photo of a freeze-up ice jam that formed on the Bow River in Calgary, … Continue reading
Anchor ice and inundated border ice on the Racing River, BC (Canada), December 2003 Claudine Girouard (an alumni of the UofA River Ice Group) took this beautiful photo of freeze-up on the Racing River, BC at km 641.1 along the Alaska Highway in mid-December … Continue reading